Don’t get it twisted when you get your acrylic nails done and feel discomfort and pain, especially when it’s your first time. There are reasons why they hurt you that way, and yes, you are not the only one who goes through this discomfort.
But not to worry—in today’s post, you’ll find every detail you need to know about why your acrylic nails hurt and what you need to do to minimize the discomfort that comes after you’ve fixed or taken them off.
Why Do My Acrylic Nails Hurt?
Your acrylic nails can hurt you for many reasons, especially after getting them! Before you book a session to get your acrylic nails done, inquire about a professional.
Nevertheless, here are a few reasons why your acrylic nails can hurt you right after getting them done:
- There was excessive filing done to the natural nails.
- The cuticles weren’t prepped.
- Your natural nails are too thin and weak.
- Shrinking and tightening of the acrylic nails after a while.
- Use thick acrylic nails.
- The acrylic nails have a pointy tip and are overly long.
- Nail infection
- Use of an Acid Nail Primer
- Excessive force when fixing the nails.
However, getting an expert to do your acrylic nails will save you from the unpleasant experiences of hurt, pain, or discomfort after getting your nails done.
Why Do My Nails Hurt After Taking Off Acrylics?
There is usually that unknown feeling or thought of discomfort that comes with getting your acrylic nails done and then taking them off. However, the pain or discomfort you experience all through the time you get your acrylic nails done, down to when you would love to take them off, is greatly affected by similar factors.
The following are some of them:
- Overfilling of natural nails
- Trying to take off acrylic nails either by peeling or pulling them forcefully.
- Not prepping the cuticles properly.
- Nail infection
- Allergic reaction
- Too weak and thin natural nails
Consequently, before you get your first or next set of acrylic nails done, get a professional nail technician to give you the best nail extension experience!
How To Fix Your Hurting Acrylic Nails
You should have a pleasant experience while you rock your acrylic nails until you take them off!
Nevertheless, if you already have had an unpleasant nail extension experience with acrylic nails, here’s how you can fix it:
- Firstly, talk to an expert nail technician about the recent experiences you’ve had after you took off your acrylic nails.
- Afterwards, soak your nails in warm water for about 5-10 minutes, it will help relax the muscles.
- Gently massage your nails and cuticles with oil to ease the pain.
You can fix the difficulties of enjoying your acrylic nails by the steps above.
How To Maintain Acrylic Nails
Getting acrylic nails is such a wonderful and exciting experience! But then again, how should we maintain them? Maintaining your acrylic nail is one aspect we might want to overlook over time as it makes the time and money invested equal the value.
Check out these tips on how to maintain your acrylic nails:
- Always wear hand gloves whenever you indulge in activities that could damage your nails, especially when doing household chores and cleaning.
- Avoid frequent exposure of your acrylic nails to water, as it can lead to lifting and infection.
- Whenever your acrylic nails get damaged accidentally, ensure you see a professional nail technician to fix it for you, and not you trying to do it yourself.
- Always keep the skin around your nails neat and healthy. You can achieve this by using a hand moisturizer and washing your hands with antibacterial soaps.
These tips, if carefully followed, would help your acrylic nails last longer and not wear out so quickly.
When you consider how long acrylic nails can last and how firm they turn out to be afterwards, you’d love to get yours done as soon as you can!
But more than just getting your acrylic nails done, maintaining them matters a lot. And this can contribute a lot to whether or not you experience pain or discomfort while you rock your beautiful nails! Don’t also be in a hurry to get your acrylic nails done that you forget to be on the lookout for an expert nail technician!