These days, manicures are so expensive, so it’s no surprise that easy-to-apply alternatives like Color Street and Dashing Diva have popped up. These nail strips are easy to apply and don’t require much dry time. They both last longer than a typical manicure.
I personally prefer Dashing Diva and here’s why: Dashing Diva is a more affordable alternative to Color Street, with the added benefit of lasting around 2 weeks per set. The quality is comparable to Sally Hansen, a well-known brand in the nail care industry.
Dashing Diva also offers a wide range of options for customers to choose from. And most importantly, since I’m on a budget, I opt for Dashing Diva because it’s a cost-effective and long-lasting alternative to Color Street, with positive reviews all over the web.
Still, both nails aren’t without issues! They’re incredibly tricky to apply and wrong application always equals a bad nail experience. Let’s delve into the details.
Color Street vs. Dashing Diva
Color Street is actually made with real nail polish. They comprise a base coat, polish, and top coat. You can easily press them onto your nail and remove the excess with a fingernail on your opposite hand.
The excess from one fingernail can also be applied to another. You can remove them by using acetone nail polish remover at the end of their lifespan without prying them off.
Color Street polish strips come in lots of cute colors and designs. They are the only polish strip made from real nail polish. Some colors and styles are available in smaller sizes for children and adults with small nails and pedicures as well.
What Comes In A Color Street Set?
- Each set has 16 double-edged strips.
- Each set comes with mini file prep pads.
- The prices range from $11-$15, and they can be applied to fingernails and toenails.
- There is a wide range of solid colors, glitters, French tips, art designs, and sports-themed, seasonal, and holiday styles.
- They do have pedicure sets now, but the selection is extremely limited.
Dashing Diva is similar to Color Street, but they come on as fully cured stickers. They aren’t quite as flexible as Color Street, so they don’t sit as flush. Moreover, the excess does not need to be filed off, and they don’t last quite as long.
Dashing Diva gel strips also come in lots of colors and designs, but the selection may be limited at your local store. They have a wide selection for little kids(petite), bigger kids(junior), and pedicure options as well. Being cruelty-free is also a huge plus.
What Comes In A Dashing Diva Set?
- 32 gel manicure strips
- 1 prep pad
- 1 nail file
- Instruction booklet
It doesn’t come with a cuticle pusher which is important because you need one to remove the nail strips. The 32 strips break down to 20 solid, base colors and 12 accent colors all in different sizes.
Color Street vs. Dashing Diva: Application
Applying both nail strips can be tricky at first, but with continuous practice, you will get the hang of it.
- Clean and prep nails before application. Ensure you file nails and push cuticles back.
- Once your nails are clean and prepped, you’ll need to size your nail strips to fit your nails. Always remember that finding the correct size for each nail is important for a better, lasting look.
- Once you know which strip fits your nail. Go ahead and remove the plastic covering the strip. Start with your pinky and move your way across your other fingers finishing with the thumb.
- Color street nail strips are sticky and slightly stretchy. So stick the nail polish strip onto your nail as close to your cuticle as possible and then smooth the polish onto your nail, working your way up and out.
- Crease the strip over the edge of your nail, then use your thumb or a file to remove the excess nail.
- Start with clean, dry hands.
- Shape your nails and push your cuticles back.
- Use the prep pad in the package to ensure the nails are free from oils.
- Once nails are completely dry, choose the correct nail strip size for your nail.
- Gently peel the strip off, touching as little of the strip as possible.
- Line the strip up on your nail. Starting at the cuticle, then pressing down and out to smooth the nail strip onto the nail.
- Fold the excess nail strip down and use the file to buff it away.
You might want to check out: Evil Nails Vs. Color Street: Which is Better?
Color Street vs. Dashing Diva: How Long Do They Last?
Color Street nails are made to last 10 days, depending on your lifestyle. While Dashing Diva lasts up to 14 days.